Saturday, September 6, 2008

Celebrating a Life Well-Lived, and a Heart Well-Loved

For those who may wish to say “till we meet again” to Fiona, and celebrate a life well lived, and a heart who loved and gave much, come and join us as we remember her.

Wake Services will be held on Saturday and Sunday evenings, the 6th and 7th of September, at 8pm, at Parlour 5, PJ Modern Casket, Jalan 229, Section 51A, Petaling Jaya. Because of the many people who will wish to be there, we are suggesting that the Saturday service be attended by members of Agape Chapel and her sister churches (PJGH, SSGC, BSGC, SJGC, BPGC), and the Sunday service by friends, colleagues, and people who know her through her work. Relatives are welcome to attend at any time.

Finally, a brief funeral service will be held at the same location at 10am on Monday, 8th September, followed by burial at Subang Lutheran Garden, Subang Permai. For those who do not wish to drive to SLG, a bus service will be provided. Priority will be for from out-of-town relatives, but others are free to use this as well if there are vacancies.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

well said - a life well-lived and a heart well loved. *hugs*

msjazz said...

Dear Jeff,

This is Jazz. I just heard and am deeply saddened. Tried to call you but am finding it difficult... so thought it will be better to write instead.

I do not have very good memory, but for some reason I can still remember the exact moment that I first met Fiona. It was Friday, 2 Sept 1994, around 9:30am. My 2nd day in Andersen Consulting.

We were at the cubicles right outside the IT support area. Fiona was packing-up and rushing to go off for a meeting. We introduced ourselves and when I asked her how long she has been with AC, she said "Way too long...!).

Fiona is probably the few people I know who can be "kelam-kabut" and very much put-together at the same time. A quality that I will always love about her.

God! This is harder than I thought. Will call/write more soon.

Please know that Aru and I are thinking about you and the kids. Let us know if you need anything. Take care.

Unknown said...

Dear Jeff,

Hi, this is Li Ping, I worked with Fiona in Recruitment in AC. Just found out today about Fiona from Pauline. Am very sad to hear about it but I know she was battling it for a few years now. I feel lucky to have known her. She has always been positive, warm and helpful.

Please accept my condolences and many warm wishes to you and your family.

Unknown said...

Hey Jeff,

This is SuLee. My sis just sent me a mail. I am very sorry to hear about this. We're a little too far to attend the wakes but I'd like you to know that Alex and I are thinking of you and the kids.